• Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Follow through on all Customer questions and requests. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful service. • Assist supervisors in controlling customer flow and backed up lines; help to reduce waiting time for customers • Follow proper procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares, sales of alcoholic beverages, and use of PLUs and UPCs • Follow all cash handling procedures; Understand, meet and exceed regional cashier variance policy (CVP) • Keep the Customer Service department clean, well stocked, and organized, change tapes and ribbon as needed, sweep floors and maintain sweep logs • Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices • Follow established procedures to report errors in retail pricing or signage • Support global, regional, and store programs • Answer department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette • This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Degree :Not specified
Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers
About the Recruiter
We are currently recruiting for a Waiter to join our vibrant and highly successful restaurant team.
Taking direction from the Restaurant Manager and Food and Beverage Supervisors you will run the daily operations of the restaurant floor and ensure a smooth service is sustained. Understanding what it means to deliver exceptional customer service and be able to exceed guest's expectations is imperative to this role. You should be confident in your knowledge of food and beverage, and at ease recommending products and daily specials to the guests.
* To run the daily operation of the restaurant floor
* To meet and greet guests in a warm and inspirational manner
* Explain the Al a Cate menu and specials to suit the individual tastes of the guests
* To describe and upsell products to the guests
* Take orders accurately and post the orders correctly
* To be aware of daily bookings, acknowledge regular guests and build relationships with all guests
* To maintain and deliver consistent Firmdale standards
* Take instructions and direction from the management team
* Complaint handling
* Previous experience as a Waiter in a 5* hotel or luxury cocktail bar
* Good knowledge of wines, spirits and cocktails
* The ability to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
* A good approach to teamwork and ability to manage a busy section
* Excellent communication skills
* Superb attention to detail
* Excellent personal presentation
* Resilience and drive to get things right first time
* Previous knowledge of Micros is desirable
Hours required: 45 hours per week on a flexible rota, where some weekends will be required for you to work.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that's from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
We are a market leader and a rapidly expanding Company that can offer fantastic career opportunities. To facilitate our expansion we have a policy to promote from within, wherever possible. At Firmdale, each individual employee is valued. Here you are not just another number, you are key to our future success.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognized for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
In recognition of our commitment to investing in our people we have won the following awards;
*Winner Hotel Excellence Awards "Excellence in Customer Service" 2010
*Winner Queens Award for Enterprise 2000, 2006, 2009
*Job Crowd Award for "Top Companies for graduates to work for in Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism" 2013, 2014
*Winner CIPD People Management Award for "Employee Engagement" 2009
*Winner Excellence in Human Resources with HR in Hospitality 2009
*Winner Springboard Award for Excellence 2008 - "Best initiative to attract people into management"
*London Lifestyle Award for "Hospitality Business of the Year" 2012.